Recommended posts about mental health issues and treatment.
Experiences with treatment for mental health issues
- Two Psychologists (stories from the autism spectrum) by M Kelter. Factors that separate a good therapist from a bad therapist
- Sorting Through Social Data: an autism spectrum conversation by M Kelter. How writing as part of therapy process helps building vocabulary for the sessions.
- The problem with psychiatrists by Aspertypical
- Therapy for Aspergers by Aspertypical
- Typical VS atypical social anxiety by me. Series about typical and atypical social anxiety and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
- Telephobia by me. Series about overcoming fear of speaking with people on the phone
- My anxiety is not disordered by Cynthia Kim – about autistic social anxiety
- The anxiety gap – Thoughts (and feelings!) on public speaking by Catastraspie. About autistic social anxiety.
- Triggers and Anxiety by Andraya
- Accepting Emotional Regulation by Lori
- Accepting Anxiety by Lori
- Adventures in Depression by Allie Brosh of hyperbole and a Half. A brilliant cartoon story in two parts, journaling a depression.
- Depression Part Two – second part of Allie Brosh’s cartoon about depression
- Depression isn’t fair by Andraya. See also Andraya’s other great posts about depression
- A lifetime alone………..with #Aspergers by Sam of Postcards from the Edge of the Spectrum
Misdiagnoses of psychiatric disorder
- The Borderline of Asperger’s: The similarities and differences between Borderline Personality Disorder and Autism by Aspertypical