- To wear professional hats is about representing organisations in professional communication. It describes a service recovery carried out in the role of the online store’s virtual customer service department.
- Starting a small graphic design business in Australia. My attempt to start a small graphic design business with a friend (who is graphic designer) a few years ago.
- Journaling “Project Daisy”. Series that follows a small freelance project from prospect to after-support.
- The art of being paid (or not). Anxiety about trying to charge people money while powerless.
Freelance work via virtual freelance boards
Online outsourcing boards for freelancers is one way to find work as a newbie freelancer; usually through some sort of bidding system in competition with other virtual freelancers from all over the world.
- Does online freelance work pay off? is about the International virtual freelancing bidding system and whether it is worthwhile pursuing for someone who doesn’t live in a third world country.
- To cure Telephobia with international freelance work describes an online research job (telephone interviews) for an overseas outsourcer who found me through my profile on an online freelance board for translators.
- The Self-Employed Aspie. Series by Musings of an Aspie based on her own experiences. She provides helpful tips and characteristically well organised overviews over some of the main challenges and pros/cons of being a self-employed aspie